*NEW* Recent blog entries

May 21, 2009

Day 5: Off the boat, Luang Prabang

So we are in Laos now, in the state of Luang Prabang. It's bloody awesome.

Since we left Melbourne, I've had a plane ride, an 8-hour bus ride (free biscuits, Delhi Transport Corp. should take tips) and a two -day boat ride. Read that? BOAT ride. I sat on the doorway with one leg in the Mekong (Mee-Kwang) river, the wind blowing my hair, lush greenery all around. It has been great fun.

I shall continue the Chiang Mai massage story later, dont have enough time to write in detail. Got to call my parents. Dad's email reads, "Intimate location. Call mom." He treats email like a telegram. :D

Also had another round of massage last night. Basically PArtner and I got beaten up. :D You should have seen his face. The girls and me were cracking up. I also LOVE fishermen pants... MANY pictures, but late.r

Hope y'all are well. Gotta run....visiting a French explorer's grave, temples and more massages for today. Trying to get PArtner to hire a motorbike that he will let me ride as well. He agrees to the hiring but not to the riding. Bloody lovable chauvinist.

Haha, most people here look at us speculatively...they think I am a "for hire" chick he's picked up from Thailand or somewhere. Of course I play my part. On the boat, also managed to fool a German into believing I didn't speak English and was deaf and dumb. :D

Ok later.... mwah.

9 comments:

Sree said...

oooh ride that bike!oooh boat ride.
"Intimate location"?
Nice to read u.

SD said...

You really are having a blast aren't you!! I am soooooooooo jealous.

Mamma mia! Me a mamma? said...

Sounds like you're having a blast!

Happy trails!

tapish said...

wow! what else u ask for? gr8 fun. enjoy gal :)

Unknown said...

hey sweethearts,,,
i would never say that unless i was two long island ice teas down...which is the case right now. and typos go with beig drunjk so forgive the typing. Everything closes in Luang Prabang at 11 om because there is a curfew at 12... right now its 10.48 pm...and i should write a post...

Sree said...

and then...the next post fell off in to her final drink.
The curfew was thus blessed with an Indian snore.

Mystique said...

lucky lucky lucky. pics?

Eveline said...

Sounds like you're having a bit of a party over there! Well, have fun. Can't wait to read more about the trip. You go girlfriend. Have a vacation for the rest of us! :)

Jhoomur aka JB said...

@ Sree: thanks girl. thats dad's army way of saying, "where the hell are you?"

@ Goofy: Should plan a trip down here with your hubby, worth it.

@ Mamma MIa: I so am, thanks for the wishes.

@ Mystique: loads of pics but once i get to an internet cafe with a usb...dont trust the data card readers, what if they end up formatting my camera and i lose all the pics?

@ eveline: thanks girlie, i sure will