*NEW* Recent blog entries

March 3, 2009

The Wait...



It's surprising that Linda Goodman and every other 'astrologer' worth their salt seem to insist that Taurean women have a LOT of patience. I say they are absolutely bloody wrong. According to Goodman and gang, I should be Venus' own child. Venus, by the way, is the ruling planet for Taurus. Again, according to numerology, 6 is supposed to be Venus' favourite number. That should make me doubly influenced by Venus... May 6th being my DOB.

However, patience is singularly lacking if you were to list my characteristics. Apparently, Taurean women are also supposed to have a 'serene' disposition. Snort. Currently the lack of both these laudable traits are NOT helping. I am going to sue Goodman and gang for dissemination of wrong information. I HATE waiting. Yet I have to...

For May 26th, for the release of Infinity Gate (DarkGlass Mountain Book 3) by Sara Douglass.
For July 17th, for the release of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, movie number six.
For September (or worse, March 2010) for the release of The Sending (The Obernewtyn Chronicles, Book 6) by Isobelle Carmody
For Lord-knows-when for the release of the yet-unnamed book four in The Inheritance series by Christopher Paolini...

And between horcruxes, the Sentinel project, Sapphira the dragon and pyramid-turned-man-
The-One, I am going nuts. Between Crookshanks and Maruman, I REALLY want a cat too.

Ugh. Might start on Bryce Courtenay's Australian trilogy. I have Solomon's Song, need to buy Potato Factory and Tommo&Hawk... Siiiiiigh. At least that story is over. Recently read his Sylvia and completely loved it. Do read it...
Irritated.

12 comments:

Perakath said...

Oh, please, the movies suck, suck, SUCK! The makers obviously have no love for the books. Look what Peter Jackson did with LoTR. Even the Narnia movies are better made than the Potter ones. (Although Hermione's quite cute.)

And I love cats too! Have been planning to get one myself. In a few months, maybe. Let's get one together.

Jhoomur aka JB said...

@ Perakath. SCOWL. I like ANYTHING to do with Potter. Agreed that Jackson was most loyal to the books, however, whatever changes were made in the Potter movies WERE with JKR's agreement. Eg, Barty Crouch in first scene of GOF. Anyhoo. I love the movies as well, though yes, i am fanatical about the books.

I used to have two cats when I was single. One was pitch black with green-golden eyes called Felia and another ginger one called, Hash. I really miss Felia... and yes, let's get one together. :D You can call yours Grawp. :P

Jhoomur aka JB said...

And Narnia are NOT better than Potter. Not, not, NOT.

Perakath said...

The (Narnia) movies are, dearie. They're light and cheerful where Potter is overly dark. I hate Potter's theme music and script and overall production feel. Daniel Radcliffe has the acting range of Keanu Reeves or a teaspoon, whichever is less, and nobody but Ian McKellen could have played Dumbledore. It's not just about staying true to the books (Tom Bombadil was kicked out of the LoTR movies)-- it's about recreating the magic, at which the movies fail spectacularly. But you can go on loving them, no problem.

Why don't you miss Hash as well? After the first few we didn't bother with names for our cats at home. There was Grandmother Cat, Mother Cat, Big Fat, and a recurring bunch of Kit-Kats.

Unknown said...

Hmm. I might think of Hash, but was more attached to Felia... the relationship was different. Hash was more feed-me and that's it. Felia had character... never mind.

Sree said...

Narnia I have watched.But Potter,no interest so far.Even tried reading Sara Douglas :(
What if this list of yours all get banned in Aus on the days of its release!!ha.Better get a cat or have ur coffee in time.

Mamma mia! Me a mamma? said...

Oooooo! You a Potterhead too! I am a rabid fan...absolutely stark raving mad! COOL!!! I had never waited so impatiently for something as I did for the final book...not even my wedding and believe me I was on overdrive for that!

Even though the movies don't compare to the book, I can't wait for the next installment.

Sig said...

heheh am with u on the potter movies!! Am waiting eagerly....

Have you read "The Power of One" by Bryce Courtenay? Brilliant book and I think they made a movie on it too...

SD said...

Oh! I am so desperately waiting for the Potter movie too. Really desperate!
Oh! by the way, I am a 6 too!

Jhoomur aka JB said...

Silvara: No, but waiting to read the Power of One, should be picking it up. I have a monthly allowance of 100 bucks for books a month. Heh, Partner had a fit because I was er...buying and devouring 6 books a week!!!

Goofy Mumma: Good to know you're a 6 too...(high fives)

Mamma Mia: Agreed that movies don't compare with the books... other than the obvious three...who're your favourite characters from Potter?

That question's open to the other declared Potter-heads as well.

Perakath said...

Dumblydorr. He's such a godfather. I dislike Hagrid. On the whole though, it's the narration that I love about the books, not any characterisations in particular.

Sree said...

oops..just to be clear I dont 'hate' Potter.I just havent read Potter nor watched the movie.Apologies to all Harry Potter fans.